Thursday 24 June 2010

Share tokens

In an attempt to reduce the amount of printing, laminating and cutting that I have to do, I've decided to buy coloured wooden cubes to represent shares. An octogan will represent the director's "certificate" while eight cubes will represent the ordinary shares. This is a more expensive solution but should save me time. The pieces match the discs that I have already bought to be station markers.

I reckon it will also give the game more of a "euro" feel, which fits with my overall aims. Although the rules are too complex really to be a true eurogame.

My source has 11 colours available. This has limited the maximum number of companies in the game, forcing me to abandon the option of 2n+1 companies (where n is the number of players). Instead of a formula, I'm currently using 7 companies for 3 players and n+5 for 4 to 6 players. I think this will work OK. As always, playtesting will give more guidance. When these tokens arrive, I will be another step closer towards a playable game.

No comments:

Post a Comment