Monday 11 May 2009

Acknowledgements

Many people within the 18xx community have unknowingly influenced this project so far.

I copied the notion of keeping a blog about the game from Todd Derscheid, who is recording the development of 18IA (set in Iowa) at http://18ia.blogspot.com/.

The idea of a game aimed at beginners, with a friendlier name then 18xx, came from Bart van Dijk's Steam Over Holland. Dick's game is reasonably short and friendlier than some, but I want to simplify the core systems more.

The people on the 18xx mailing list have a vast experience of playing and designing 18xx games, which is fantastically useful. I've taken ideas and inspiration from several people there; I'm sure they'll disapprove of what I've done with them ;-). I can't name them all but they certainly include Mick Hutton, Lou Jerkich, David Hecht, Steve Thomas, Robert Jasiek, John David Galt, John A Tamplin, JC Lawrence, Bruce Beard, Ian D Wilson, and many more.

Finally and firstly, to Francis Tresham, without whom, nothing.

1 comment:

  1. Neat, I inspired something! Best of luck in your project; it looks like you're tackling some really interesting changes to the vanilla 18xx systems.

    ReplyDelete