Sunday 10 May 2009

Current Status

I'm still early in the design of this game. I have a lot of ideas, which I will flesh out and record on this blog. (In part, I'm blogging here partly to record these ideas for my own reference, as well as to welcome comments from anyone who cares to read my musings). I have created an outline map, overlaying a hex grid on the UK coastline, adding the major cities and tracing the major rail routes to ensure that the historical outcome would at least be possible. This in turn has suggested some new track tiles to add to the game, and some ideas for handling routes into London.

What I plan to do next is to draw a full size map and experiment with the options it give for route building and competition. In parallel with that activity, I will sketch out the flow of the financial side of the game. With luck, these two lines of development will fit together and produce a game that's decent enough to start a long process of playtesting and tweaking. It will be interesting to see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment